Coo-ee heritage centre + Visitors Information
Walk from Park: Yes.
Cycle from Park: Yes.
Caravan Parking: Yes. (On-Site)
The visitors' Information centre also known as the Coo-ee heritage centre is located 1.5km from The Gilgandra Caravan Park.
The centre takes its name from the famous Coo-ee march which originated from Gilgandra, comprising of 35 men that set off on a long journey to Sydney NSW to join the war in 1915.
The men continued to Coo-ee throughout their whole journey in hope of attracting more recruits to help in the war effort for WW1, 4 weeks later in Sydney 263 men arrived to enlist in the war.
The Amazing Story of the Coo-ee march is displayed at the Information centre and only costs a gold coin donation.
Also located within the centre is the architecturally designed Gilgandra Art Gallery, with rammed earth walls and views towards the Castlereagh River. The exhibitions rotate every 6 weeks including local, state and travelling artist.
Within the gallery shells, fossils and Aboriginal artefacts are also displayed from the donation of Gwen and Snow Collins.
The Joy Trudgett Gallery is named from a past prominent Aboriginal elder and council member.